Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's a girl!!

    Christy and I both had this gut feeling that we were having a boy.  I'm not sure why, we just knew..or so we thought.  Needless to say, we were both a little surprised on Monday when we found out we are going to be having a beautiful baby girl.  I'm sure the shock on my face was quite apparent.  But the look on my face wasn't just from the shock of the news.  When the technician said "It's 100% girl," I experienced the exact same feeling I did when they told me Jaylee was going to be a girl...WE'RE IN TROUBLE.  Double trouble to be exact because now we're going to have two of them.  That's a lot of estrogen in one house.
    Jaylee is super excited.  She's been hoping for a little sister the whole time.  I'm sure the first few years will be a breeze.  Jaylee is going to want to play dress up with her and paint her little nails.  They'll get along great...until Jaylee turns 13.  I can hear it know, "MOM, get Julian outta my room!!"  And by then I'm sure Julian will be quite assertive herself (if she takes after her mommy) and will be screaming right back.  
   Not only that, but I really do believe the old saying "You pay for your raising."  Jaylee acts exactly like me.  My parents think it's hilarious.  I can't even talk to them about the struggles of parenthood without them cracking up because apparently they had the same struggles with me.  I'm sure we'll experience the same thing with Julian.  And if any of you knew Christy or have heard stories about her when she was a kid, you'll understand my concern.
   All joking aside, I am really excited we are having another little girl.  In fact, the last couple of times we've gone baby shopping, I've caught myself browsing through the girl's stuff and secretly wishing we were having a baby girl.  I love Jaylee and wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.  She's been a joy to raise and I'm sure Julian will be as well. 

 
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment