Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oh the joys of pregnancy!

All this time I've been bragging about how easy my pregnancy has been. I haven't had any morning sickness. I've been able to eat whatever I want and it doesn't bother me. I haven't had any heartburn or indigestion. Everything has been easy breezy. Well I'm eating those words now. A lot has changed since my last post. The obvious has happened...I've gotten much larger, at least my belly has. Luckily I haven't ballooned out all over the place. But I probably should watch what I say there too because I still have 10 weeks to go. And at the rate I'm eating, I could gain another person between now and then.

Over the past month, I've realized how precious a good night's rest really is. It's quite difficult to get comfortable when you have a basketball inside your belly. Just rolling over becomes a task. The headboard has been quite handy...I use it to hoist myself out of bed each morning. :-) My feet swell on a regular basis, whether I'm on them or not. I come home every day and sit on the couch for about an hour so that I don't look like Gwyneth Paltrow in Shallow Hal. And apparently all this extra weight has taken quite a toll on this 35 year old body. For a week, I was unable to move without being in the most unbearable pain I've ever dealt with. Little Miss Julian and all the extra weight that's come along with her has pushed my sacrum out of place which causes rather excruciating pain. I had the pleasure of using a walker for about a week, which sounds pretty crappy. But it's better than being dragged down the hall on a blanket by your girlfriend and daughter...which is how I got around for the first night of that wonderful experience.

Luckily, I was able to get in to see a physical therapist who has done wonders for my shifting sacrum. I am seeing her twice a week and my body is feeling so much better. She showed Sarah how to push me back into place, which she's had to do several times. And because of that and some hydrocodone and Tylenol 3, I was able to go on family vacation and actually enjoy it. So all in all, things are looking up. :-)

We are now seeing the doctor every 2 weeks, which makes Julian's arrival that much closer! Her room is almost done and it looks sooooooo good! Sarah really outdid herself creatively on this one. I don't think either of us knew she had it in her. I can't take any credit for how great the room looks because I don't have a creative bone in my body. But Julian is going to have an awesome room when it's all said and done.





















We are all getting more and more excited about the arrival of this beautiful bundle of joy. She is growing so big and is extremely active! I hope her sleep schedule when she gets here is better than it is now. Because she doesn't sleep much at all. She is constantly flipping around and kicking and hitting...it's a little painful sometimes. :-) I find myself walking around with my hand on my belly constantly and it's because she's always moving around. I can't wait to see her sweet face! Until then, here's a sneak peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment