Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Some things never change

Four years ago today, my life changed forever. I made a gutsy move and sent flowers to a girl I had just recently started dating. You see, Christy and I had been friends for 6 years. But on that day our relationship was taken to another level. We spent the next several months driving back and forth between Fayetteville and Conway further developing our relationship. It didn't take either of us very long to figure out that we had found the one we wanted to spend the rest of our life with.  Jaylee and I packed up and moved to Conway that summer.

Looking back now, it seems like that was such a long time ago. So much has changed in the last four years. Jaylee is now 10, going on 18. She's a wonderful daughter and excellent big sister. She's grown physically, emotionally, and spiritually over the past four years. She makes me proud to call her my daughter every single day. Speaking of sister, that's obviously another thing that has changed. We welcomed a beautiful baby girl into this world on September 20th, 2011. She is absolutely adorable in every way. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. 

A lot of things have changed in the past four years, but one thing remains the same. Christy and I love each other today the same, if not more than we did four years ago. We're able to communicate and share our daily struggles with one another. Our lives our crazy busy, but we always seem to find the time to spend alone with each other. And when we do, we still have things to laugh and talk about after all these years. We still enjoy each other's company. Christy is my best friend and I'm proud to say that in less than 6 short weeks, I'll be able to call her my wife. 

We are traveling to Massachusetts to legally be married at the Rookwood Inn in Lenox. We will be spending the week in Bentley Brooke snow skiing and then will travel to Lenox on the 23rd to officially make her my bride. We have the once in a life time chance to spend our honeymoon in New York City before traveling back to Arkansas. 

It's sad that we have to travel so far away to get legally married. And it's unfortunate that most of our family and friends don't get to be a part of our big day. But our daughters will be there to witness and participate in the ceremony. I'm so glad we get to share this moment with them. I look forward to that day and each day I get to spend with my family for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Sarah I am so happy for you guys! They just passed the law making it legal in the state of Washington yesterday so hopefully the winds of change are happening and all the states will follow.

    CK

    ReplyDelete