Thursday, March 31, 2011

Be Patient

    I've never been very good at being patient.  My mother used to sing a song to me when I was a kid about being patient when I would insistently nag her about what time we were gonna get there, or what we were having for dinner, or how long we were gonna have to wait.  I heard the song many, many times as a child.  The lyrics are ringing in my head as I am typing...."Be patient, Be patient, Don't get in such a hurry."  I hated that stupid song when I was a kid.  I just wanted answers and I didn't want to wait.
    Apparently I never grew out of that.  I am dying to know if we're having a boy or a girl.  Everyone says, "You'll know soon enough" or "It goes by so quickly."  But they don't know me very well.  When I am waiting anxiously on something, nothing goes by very quickly.  I have a room to paint and decorate.  I have furniture to buy and things to build.  I have things I need to get done that I can't get done until we know the sex of the baby.  It's driving me crazy.
    We went for our 2nd ultrasound today.  Christy was only 6 weeks pregnant when we had the first ultrasound so you couldn't see anything but the yolk sack.  Only 4 weeks later and our little baby is growing so fast inside of her.  You could distinguish it's little facial features and see it's little fingers.
    Our next appointment is on April 28th.  Our doctor said "if it's a definite boy, we may be able to tell."  I'm hoping it's a "definite" boy.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment